- About Advertising
- How to uphold Google AdSense program? Posted By : Jamespover
- Podcasting: The Efficent Marketing Tool Posted By : searchrankpros
- ESW Partners/Chicago not a fan of formulaic casino advertising
- About Marketing
- Branding Explained Posted By : Katie Marcus
- Enhance Lead Generation with Podcast Production
- StorySelling Your Brand with Jim Signorelli
- Advertising Articles
- HOW DO YOU KNOW IF THEY ARE ANY GOOD? Do they specialize in your industry?
- GOOD ONLINE DIRECTORIES – like old fashion yellow pages – you have
- Content Marketing: 10 Ways to Infuse Your Content With Personality
- Careers in Advertising
- Business Wire - American Association of Advertising Agencies to Sponsor "Diversity in Advertising Career Day" on April 22, 2009, in NYC in an Ongoing Effort to...
- Journal Record, The (Oklahoma City) - Jared Fogle and Subway: A career based on a sandwich diet
- Oklahoma Nurse - Discover the advantages of career websites
- Digital Advertising
- Engaging Social Media and Seeing Results
- Website Design and Development: Conversion Content Marketing
- Selecting an Ad Agency
- Media Type - Direct
- Direct Mail Advertising Strategies That Works Like Magic Posted By : Daegan Smith
- Everything You Should Know About Leaflet Distribution Posted By : Shaun Parker
- How To Increase Your Acquisition Of New Chiropractic Patients By 20% In Just 24 Hours! Posted By : T
- Media Type - Outdoor
- Market Wire - New Billboard Connection Franchise Opens in Tampa
- Art in America - Elizabeth Bryant: Solway Jones
- Australasian Business Intelligence - Advertisers lift exposure in the great outdoors.
- Media Type - Print
- Market Wire - Electronic Media to Fuel Growth in School Library Materials Market, Says Simba Information's "School Library Market Report 2008-2009
- Market Wire - Zmags Takes Digital Publishing to New Dimensions With Rich Media Features in Zmags Publicator 3.0
- Sunday Herald, The - MEDIA WATCH
- Media Type - Radio
- Business Wire - Jim Stickley from FT Press and Jeremy Buck from Diskeeper To Be Featured on Let's Talk Computers
- Tech Europe - MEDIA : COMMISSION PROMOTES MEDIA LITERACY.
- Market Wire - Insight Into Media Consumption by Race Increases Advertising ROI
- Media Type - Television
- Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media - Effects of personality types on the use of television genre
- Market Wire - Regulatory Framework for Canadian Broadcasting: Quebecor Media Will Use New Opportunities for Canadian Content Under CRTC Decision
- Reference & Research Book News - A word from our viewers; reflections from early television audiences
- Media Type-Interactive
- Smart Strategies for Promoting Your Candidate with Political Signs Posted By : Christine Harrell
- Political Yard Signs Placement Strategies Posted By : Christine Harrell
- Engaging Social Media and Seeing Results
Website Design and Development: Conversion Content Marketing
03/29/2009 - By Vicki Garcia
Make Your Website a Selling Machine
Everyone in business is busy cranking out websites. But, a website is only useful if it turns visitors into customers. Writing content that converts visitors to clients and customers is a relatively new specialization.
The strategy seems simple -create content that is useful or entertaining for your target market...not to overtly promote your business, but to build a relationship with the reader. Content marketing is about romancing prospects, rather than slam-dunk sales efforts. Slam-dunk sales get annoying and prospects don't want to be sold anything.
On the other hand, constantly posting blog content without a call to action or a compelling offer is like the shy guy who never asks for a date. "You don't ask, you don't get." It's a fact as old as dirt.
Step 1- Take it Easy
Start by engaging your prospect as a starting point for a relationship. Your content can be a downloadable white paper, a recorded webinar, or a video. You give it away, like a sample at the bakery. Find a ghost writing if you don't happen to be a good writer.
Step 2 - Ask for the Relationship
The conversion comes as an extension of the content. Want more? More content, a newsletter, alerts, get a free one-on-one conversation or make a purchase...all moving the prospect closer to a profitable relationship (for both the business and the prospect)
Step 3 - A Call to Action
If all else fails, try sincerity. Today's kind of call to action is more subtle. Present it as a way to help the prospect genuinely achieve their goals, but only if they want. If they don't want to buy you right now, leave with a great brand impression. Come back anytime.
Testing is Critical
Not everything you try is going to work. Every effort can benefit from improvement. Tracking is essential. You can't manage content if you can't measure the results. The number of visitors, SEO rank, social media sharing, number of page views, downloads, video views and so on are an indication of success. Go ahead, be compulsive about watching what is happening on your website.
Keep the Call to Action Format Flexible
Conversion content doesn't have to be in the form of a standard landing page or blog template. The format can include innovative ways to make the content more consumable. Think call-out boxes, a wizard to guide the visitor through steps, click here buttons. Make it interesting, not pushy, to take a step toward a purchase.
Make it Interesting
The old saying "bore a person to death" shows how deadly boredom can be. If you want to make more sales, keep your website bubbling with new activity. Certainly, blog posts help. Address specific target niches, new issues, and new changes in the environment. If you have your website set up on a WordPress platform so you can manage it yourself, this is easier.
Show Your Smarts
One of the things that impresses a prospect the most is that you really know your subject. You do this with insightful content. No call to action is going to work if you don't sound like an authority. We like to include testimonials and recommendations from happy customers. As much as possible be friendly and human. Show you can relate to your market and don't talk over their heads. Find a voice that is all your own. Don't imitate others.
Produce More Than You Think You Need
Content that converts prospects into customers may need multiple versions of each piece of content. You might need specific headlines, images, offers and tailoring to the niche. The basic message is the same, but personalizing the message is key to high ROI results in content marketing for conversion.
Vicki Garcia is an expert in website content writing. It is her job to stay ahead of the curve on all the new marketing trends. Her methods work. She can prove it. Visit Vicki for more information at http://www.marketing-impressions.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6487028